Tin Shop Tartan - Randolph County Alabama's Own Snarky and Surly Scot Gets All Native

Blogging from the suburbs of the Tin Shop community, Captain Plaid brings Progressivism, and a share of Quixotic angst, to the ridges and hollows of Randolph County, Alabama. Hardly a booster yet rooted here enough to fight, Plaidsters can perhaps find like cause in trying to build local solutions to global concerns. Education, environment, economy, entertainment, engagement ... Trust the Tartan!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

In '04 Gerald "DINO" Dial Pondered Jump to GOP

The Cleburne News gives us the dirt. What I noted in the reporting was,

Dial, who often votes with Republicans in the Senate, said he also is meeting with constituents to see if they feel he should switch parties.“If the people I represent feel like I can better represent them as a Republican, then that’s a step I’ll consider,” Dial said.

But Dial, who once won election to the Senate as an independent, said performance is what counts most in his district.“You know my district is pretty independent, and I think the people appreciate what I do,” Dial said. He said he does not agree with the policies of national Democrats.

“I’ve handled the Ten Commandments bill. I’m a better conservative than some of the Republicans up there,” Dial said. ...

Rep. Richard Laird, D-Roanoke, represents a rural district on the Alabama-Georgia line and often votes with Republicans in the Legislature, particularly on social issues. He said he expects to remain a Democrat. He described voters in his district as “conservative, old-line Democrats.”

“They know I’m conservative and that I vote conservative,” Laird said.


I expect if DINO had not been surprised by Kim Benefield he would have bolted. And you are next Richard. Time for you DINOs to take it to the house. Peace ... or War!