Tin Shop Tartan - Randolph County Alabama's Own Snarky and Surly Scot Gets All Native

Blogging from the suburbs of the Tin Shop community, Captain Plaid brings Progressivism, and a share of Quixotic angst, to the ridges and hollows of Randolph County, Alabama. Hardly a booster yet rooted here enough to fight, Plaidsters can perhaps find like cause in trying to build local solutions to global concerns. Education, environment, economy, entertainment, engagement ... Trust the Tartan!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Garrison Keillor and Woe Be Gone

Since my kinfolk apparently have trouble reading or fathoming anything that doesn't come with a seal of approval of the Southern Baptist Convention or a suitable Dobsonite, I figured perhaps the few people that visit this blog might be suffering from the same malady. So I'll send you to Salon, which I think is going to ask you to watch a little ad or something such as that. Via Salon, Garrison Keillor of Prarie Home Companion fame (Does anybody listen to NPR around here?) gives us "San Franciscophobia - We're stuck with a terrible war and a worse president, and all the GOP can do is scream, "Pelosi and her Nancy boys are coming"? This is pathetic." I love this guy, in a purely heterosexual way of course. He's hardly a "moonbat of the angry left" I'd offer and mercy is he smart and clever. He even quotes scripture! Something about a speck in a neighbor's eye. Appropriate I'd confess for me yet perhaps for others as well. So read Keillor and maybe you can consider what he thinks. Surely his family will not scold him for thinking and sharing? Yet I expect Keillor's kin, even if they took exception with what he wrote, could engage him with reason and facts. I'm also thinking they'd slow down enough to at least have a few of the facts nailed down before they attack him. Woe is me. Woe be gone. Peace ... or War!